From the first shovel of dirt to the last pounded nail, this elegant building is a tribute to the skilled craftsmen who live in the Southern Tier region. The complicated geometric design of a three-sided structure together with a five-sided structure create many challenges throughout the project and a great source of pride at its completion.
A Design/Build project, Welliver was “hands on” during the design process, working closely with the A/E and providing a constructability viewpoint throughout.
- Award-winning four-story, three-cornered glass pyramid built to meticulous specifications.
- Constructed the four-story, five-sided, glass encased polygon to blend seamlessly with the existing Phase I building.
- Eight different types of glass were utilized and custom ordered from North Carolina to fit exact dimensions of the unique structure.
- Exact specifications were required to support the owner’s state-of-the-art computer and security systems and to connect the two unique buildings and their systems.
- This structure, shelled in glass, required limited access zones and special handling procedures for the glass installation. Not one crack was experienced.
- There were no injuries or incident reports filed for this site from the beginning to the end, particular attention was paid to the inherent dangers of an open four-story building, compounded by the unique geometric shape of the structure.