Welliver provided pre-construction and management of a $188M capital improvements initiative to modernize the facilities for the Elmira City School District. The project included renovations and expansions of each of the district’s 14 buildings, plus implementation of a district-wide technology plan. Elmira Free Academy was in need of upgrades to classrooms, athletic, and auditorium facilities. Our team coordinated the work of the architect and all contractors, as well as provided regular updates to school officials, district staff, and the School Board.
- Complete renovation to the field by replacing grass with synthetic turf.
- Rebuilt and resurfaced eight-lane track, complete with timing systems and field event equipment.
- Complete refinish of existing gymnasium floor, installation of new bleachers, and renovation of locker rooms.
- Installation of a new sound system in the auditorium, along with new theatrical lighting.
- The exterior of the building included installing a new façade, bus loop canopy, and parking lots. Replaced entire metal panel, windows, and curtain wall system.
- Eight new science classrooms.
- Technology upgrades to computers, clock system, and fire alarm system.
- Cafeteria expansion with new kitchen equipment.
- Renovated administration wing.
- Mechanical and electrical upgrade.