Welliver managed numerous multi-million dollar capital improvement projects over multiple years. Our team renovated all buildings in the District.
• Intermediate school received roofing replacement, renovations to the existing swimming pool and locker rooms, installation of sprinkler system in unprotected basement area, domestic hot water boiler replacement and secure main entrance renovation.
• The Junior/Senior high school received renovation of 35 existing classrooms, B-gym renovation including boys and girls locker rooms, A-gym renovation including girls locker room.
• Boiler replacement in Bryant Elementary
• Upgrades to the emergency generator and fire alarms in North Hornell
• Bus garage fuel system replacement and interior improvements
• Complete pool renovation
• Many phases were completed during regular school hours. Our team collaborated with the District to ensure work was segregated within the building to allow regular activities to continue.
In the summer of 2017, classroom renovation work involved a very challenging schedule with a deadline for the Owner to occupy for the start of the 2017-2018 school year. Manpower and coordination was critical for the success of the project. Welliver worked with local personnel to supplement and supply additional manpower to the General Contractor.
In addition, updating the project schedule was critical to hitting deadlines. Involvement from the Department of Health early on in the pool project and ensuring continuous communication between all stakeholders was vital to keeping project approvals and timeline on schedule.