Welliver managed the district-wide, five-year capital plan for the Ithaca City School District and worked with numerous city and school officials, as well as three architectural firms to upgrade the district facilities. Welliver managed construction projects at all 18 district schools, playgrounds, athletic fields, and the district’s health and wellness initiative. The district also had sustainability initiatives for the projects, which were considered and incorporated into numerous aspects of the project. Welliver aided the district in applying for CHPS (Collaborative for High Performing Schools) certification as being a leading “green” district. This project included numerous renovations, upgrades to classroom technology, and complete additions and rebuilds of parts of the schools.
- A major renovation of the existing High School performing arts center and provided three new additions to allow for music, theater, and dance aspects to co-exist in a larger environment. A new entrance, restrooms and concession area were built to maintain security and attendee traffic to the theater area.
- Completed numerous elementary school renovations including new roofing, HVAC systems, improved lighting and advanced technological capabilities.
- Green elements were included in a large number of projects: HVAC systems, modular boilers, room occupancy sensors, and energy recovery units for newly built student areas.
- A new athletic field features artificial turf, track, and new lighting.
- Another addition included a major health and wellness center, complete with fitness center and equipment.
- Major renovations of school libraries, gymnasiums, cafeterias, science classrooms, and office space were completed throughout the district.
new additions to the high school performing arts center were constructed to allow for music, theater, and dance to co-exist under one roof.