Welliver obtained the district-wide, five-year renovation plan for the Ithaca City School District and has worked with numerous city and school officials as well as three architectural firms to upgrade the ICSD facilities. The Ithaca High School was in desperate need of a more modern performing arts center. The District also had green ideals in mind when updating their educational facilities, which Welliver considered in all aspects of building as this part of the project received NYSERDA funding and CHPS Certification with the help of our project managers.
- Renovated and added three new wings to the performing arts center in order to more easily mesh the orchestra, choir, band, theater, and dance program needs.
- Renovated one large, open practice area into multiple soundproof music rooms, a music library, a scenery construction workshop, a dance studio, the main stage, and a second practice stage.
- Created a public entrance, built public facilities, ticket booths, and a concession area.
- Replaced hardwood stage and studio flooring and updated all stage lighting.
- Built acoustically-sound, curved-ceiling rooms and main stage area.
- Allotted space for prop storage, dressing rooms, and safe catwalk area.