The capital project presented to district voters was developed with two goals in mind – 1.) protect the investment the community has already made in facilities and 2.) prepare facilities to meet future educational needs. The scope of work included necessary upgrades to the athletic fields as well as renovation work in the Elementary school building.
Leveraging results of the Building Condition Survey, we collaborated with the district and architect to work through the design phase which was completed in April 2021. Capital improvements across the district consisted of two phases — the first phase was kicked off in 2018 and the second involved the 172,000 SF roof replacement at five (5) buildings. Roofing work began the Summer of 2021 and was completed by the Fall of 2022. Much of the renovation work was completed in the Summer of 2021.
We prioritized critical areas of roofing replacement to minimize classroom disturbance of work that needed to continue during the start of the 2022-2023 school year. A large portion of the capital improvements work included roofing work. Developing and implementing a fall protection plan was critical. Our Project Superintendent worked with the roofing subcontractor to complete required decking infills and structural steel supports. This mitigated the need for General Contract to mobilize to complete work saving the district money.
Project scope included:
- Turf stadium, baseball, and softball fields
- Elementary corridor wall tile and floor finish replacements
- Elementary gym renovations
- Bus garage vehicle lift replacement
- High School pool filtration upgrades
- High School gym air handler unit replacement
- Fire alarm improvements
- Electrical transformer and gas line upgrades
- Security and fire alarm upgrades
- New IP paging and master clock systems in Elementary and High School
- District-wide roof replacement
- Replace non-compliant doors in Elementary School
- Replace casework in select classrooms in Elementary School
- Elementary TV studio upgrades
- Elementary School office ventilation upgrades
- District-wide classroom safety enhancements
- Elementary School upgrades to finishes
- Masonry restorations in Elementary School
- Upgrades to Elementary School food service area
roof replacement district-wide.